Senior Ecologist Position, Halifax
At JCA, we have reached that point where we need a Senior Ecologist for our growing ecological department based in Halifax, West Yorkshire.
With four ecologists and a growing portfolio of interesting work we would love to hear from you if you match the below job description.
Senior Ecologist – Halifax, West Yorkshire
- An up to date knowledge of EU and UK legislation, pertaining to ecology and environmental issues.
- Ability to communicate and liaise with a wide range of people such as clients, other consultants and sub-contractors.
- Two protected species licences – bat licence and one other is preferred.
- Develop relationships with clients and attend public consultations and planning meetings when necessary.
- Experience in conducting and writing ecological scoping and impact assessments (EcIA), preliminary ecological appraisal (PEA), protected species reports, working method statements and construction method statements.
- Provide technical support to the growing ecology team, including mentoring junior ecologists.
- Plan and co-ordinate ecological mitigation works.
- Full CIEEM membership (or eligible for).
- Experience working as an ecologist in the private sector and within a leadership/management role.
- Project management of a wide and varied workload.Experience in mitigation applications for Badger, Otter and other UK protected species is highly desirable.
We are a great company to work for and offer a company car, a competitive salary, a bonus scheme, flexi-time (you get paid for the hours you work), Pension, full time employment in a permanent position and a friendly working environment.
Based in rural Yorkshire, this is a wonderful opportunity for the right person.
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can have a chat.
Request a call back
Not sure where you stand on an arboricultural or ecological related issues? At JCA our specialist team are here to help you, contact us today!